José María Alapont
Director and Senior Independent Director
• President and Chief Executive Officer of Federal-Mogul Corporation, a supplier of automotive powertrain and safety components, from March 2005 to March 2012; Chairman of its Board from 2005 to 2007; and Board Director until 2013.
• former Chief Executive Officer and Board Director of Fiat Iveco, S.p.A., a leading global manufacturer of commercial trucks and vans, buses, recreational, off-road, firefighting, defense and military vehicles of the Fiat Group, from 2003 to 2005.
• held executive, Vice President and President positions for more than 30 years at other leading global vehicle manufacturers and suppliers such as Ford Motor Company, Delphi Corporation and Valeo S.A.
• Board Director of Ashok Leyland Ltd since 2017.
• Board Director of Hinduja Investments and Project Services Ltd., a private group, and Navistar Inc., since 2016.
• Board Director of Hinduja Automotive Ltd. since 2014.
• Served as a Board Director of the Mentor Graphics Corp., from 2011-12 and was a member of the Davos World Economic Forum from 2000 to 2011.
• Holds degrees in Industrial Engineering from the Technical School of Valencia and in Philology from the University of Valencia in Spain