• Served as a Director of Globe since February 2008 until the closing of the Business Combination and was the Chairman of Globe's Nominating Committee
• Senior Counsel of Covington & Burling, Washington, DC and heads the law firm's international practice
• Served as Deputy Secretary of the Treasury from 1999 to 2001
• Under Secretary of State for Economic, Business and Agricultural affairs from 1997 to 1999
• Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade from 1996 to 1997
• The U.S. Ambassador to the European Union from 1993 to 1996
• Served as Special Representative of the President and Secretary of State on Holocaust Issues during the Clinton Administration
• President Carter's Chief Domestic Policy Adviser and Executive Director of the White House Domestic Policy Staff from 1977 to 1981
• Trustee of BlackRock Funds and served as a member of the Board of Directors of Alcatel-Lucent until 2016
• Served as a member of the Board of Directors of United Parcel Service from 2005 to 2015
• Serves on the Advisory Board of GML Ltd., and Office of Cherifien de Phosphates.
• Has received eight honorary doctorate degrees and awards from the United States, French, German, Austrian, Belgian and Israeli governments.
• Author of "Imperfect Justice: Looted Assets, Slave Labor, and the Unfinished Business of World War II" and "The Future of the Jews: How Global Forces are Impacting the Jewish People, Israel, and its Relationship with the United States"
• Previously served as a Special Adviser to Secretary of State Kerry on Holocaust-Era Issues
• Holds a B.A. in Political Science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a J.D. from Harvard Law School.